Queensland Airports is a regional airport specialist focused on regional airport development in Queensland. QLD Airports owns and operates Gold Coast, Townsville, Mount Isa and Longreach Airports.
The current systems in place for Asset Management and Project and Contract Management were no longer supporting the requirements of the business. Additionally, QLD Airports were also planning major capital works programs for a number of the sites, and these warranted improved and streamlined systems to effectively manage the business.
QLD Airports decided that they would need to partner with an experienced Asset Management and Project Control consulting organisation to assess the solutions available in the marketplace and conduct an auditable Vendor and Software Evaluation process.
The goals for the project included
- A more consistent approach to asset management across ports.
- Real time visibility on asset location, condition, remaining life, and maintenance regime.
- Pro-active planning approach to capital asset replacement.
- Improved integration between the Asset Management Systems and the financial system.
- Improved capability for the Asset Management System assist with setting of OPEX and CAPEX Budgets.
- Real time transparency for asset maintenance regime compliance.
- A single source of the truth when it comes to Asset Management.
Software Evaluation – QLD Airports Results
CMC was engaged to facilitate an independent Software Evaluation process of the following new solutions on behalf of QLD Airports:
- Project and Contract Management Software, including PMO / Workflow Software
- Asset Management Software
It was decided that the projects would be scoped, and project managed separately. CMC conducted a global search for suitable Project and Contract Management solutions and following a Pre-Qualification process, the shortlisted Vendors were invited to participate in the Evaluation Process. QAL utilised CMC’s Evaluation Methodology which included:
- Preparation of a “Day in The Life Of” Business Scenario
- Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Vendor Presentations
- Reference Checking
- Financial Due Diligence
- Commercial and Legal Negotiations