Bradnam’s Windows and Doors built a 4,000sq metre Distribution Centre to provide powder coating and inventory management for SEQ, licenses and regional QLD branches. As part of the new Distribution Centre, Bradnams purchased two powder coat lines, high bay racking and man-up picking equipment.
The new Distribution Centre impacted approximately 75 people. JDE system changes were required to support the new site as well as process changes as RF and barcoding was introduced.
Specific areas were targeted for analysis including:
- Understanding the demand network dynamics for Branches and Licensees across the business.
- Understanding the supply dynamics with the existing suppliers.
- Model optimal stocking location definition within the new facility. (Eg. how many locations, sizes, storage types, volumes, etc).
- Confirm and design optimal and pragmatic MHE considerations (i.e. racking types, conveyors, etc).
- Design of workflows around the DC and powder coat lines.
- Understanding the constraints (i.e. what growth levels would overwhelm the current design).
- Consideration of imported and locally sourced stocking options, particularly with respect to lead times.
- Proposed manning levels.
It was also recognised that there would be significant change management issues related to changes in both process and location for the new Distribution Centre. Bradnams engaged CMC to provide Change Management consulting to assist with determining the strategy.
Following the successful implementation of JDE EnterpriseOne ERP, Bradnams engaged CMC to assist with the Project Management, Planning and Design Review of the new Distribution Centre.
CMC together with Darroch Consulting were engaged to review the DC Layout and Design. This review highlighted several areas of opportunity that have resulted in changes to the building design and internal layout.
It was also recognised that there would be significant change management issues related to changes in both process and location for the new Distribution Centre.
CMC’s Change Management Consultant conducted an initial review and then prepared a Statement of Work (SoW) outlining all the activities that need to be done. CMC’s Change Management Consultant is now preparing the Change Management Strategy to help the management team to capture relevant Change Management items in preparation for the movement to the new Distribution Centre and Implementation of Advanced Warehousing.