This organisation is Australia’s largest supplier of office and stationery products catering for work, home and school needs. They market and sell a range of stationery, technology, furniture, general office products and print and copy services both online and in store.
The company had reached a point where they needed to devise a comprehensive Supply Chain Strategy for the business that integrated and supported the 5 year Corporate Plan. The potential business benefits to be expected included:
- Reduced Supply Chain operating costs as a percentage of sales.
- Improved productivity performance across the Supply Chain.
- Accurate and timely provision of Supply Chain KPI’s and standardised reporting framework.
- Improved customer experience and measurable improvement in service levels.
CMC was engaged as the strategic consulting partner. A team of senior consultants and business analysts were formed to develop and deliver a staged solution for the business. CMC reviewed all site locations across the organisation’s Supply Chain network which included inbound logistics processes and providers and distribution network and transport providers. The analysis also included a selection of competitor organisation’s supply chain operations and 3PL contracts and commercial agreements.
CMC’s consultants also looked at existing and potential automation options for the DC sites, including the integration of the current WMS Project.
CMC developed a Supply Chain Strategy Recommendations document as well as numerous other reports which included:
- 3 – 4 potential options (and a preferred option) for re-configuring the Supply Chain Network.
- Recommendation around the use of 3PLs or for the company to do itself for the proposed warehouse models.
- Future Network Scenarios and Analysis.
- Competitor Analysis.
- Transport Plan.
CMC also assisted in the implementation of Quick Win initiatives that built momentum and credibility, whilst reducing costs and increasing efficiency and introduced Project Management Tools and Templates.