King Living has been at the forefront of Australian furniture design since 1977. The company is recognised for innovation, quality, design, and comfort.
King Living had implemented SAP B1 for HANA with some additional modules and integrations including Boyum, Crystal Reports, Concur and TM1.
Combined Management Consultants had previously completed an IT Strategic Review to determine a “go forward” business systems strategy to support future growth and expansion for King Living in Australia and overseas.
As a result, key workstreams were identified which included upgrading and improving SAP B1, adding a Manufacturing module (BEAS) for China and Thailand, and restructuring Finance and Reporting to better suit the business.
Following this, additional workstreams were then initiated to establish IT Demand and Release Management, PMO processes and Master Data Management.
King Living needed strategic guidance and independent support for their IT direction, including definition and Program Management of the key workstreams. This also included mentoring staff, and supplier organisations through their involvement in, and ownership of the workstream deliverables and outcomes.
Program Management Results
A number of key workstreams were delivered including:
- SAP B1 for HANA implemented for the business including Financial Consolidation and Reporting.
- Establishment of a PMO and Steering Committee.
- Scope and Design of the BEAS manufacturing solution for China and Thailand.
- Master Data Review and Remediation – particularly manufacturing Items and BOMs.
- Implementation for Thailand Production Facility.
- Implementation for King Living’s Gold Lion Production Facility in China (in progress).
- 3PL Vendor EDI.
- Demand, Development and Release Management for Software Development Updates.
- Trial Balance and Ad Hoc Analysis Reporting.
- Portal Enhancements.
CMC continues to provide Program Management, Digital Transformation Strategy and Direction, and CIO Mentoring to support the implementation of approved workstreams.