MBA Insurance Services is owned by seven of the Master Builder Associations around Australia. MBA Insurance Services has been in operation since 1992 and provides a depth of resources with respect to insurance and risk advice for businesses operating in the various sectors of the building and construction industries, whether principal or developer, building contractor or sub-contractor, investor or financier, commercial or residential.
MBA Insurance Services was seeking an independent review of the current Information Systems and associated IT operations to determine the effectiveness of the processes, communications and resources currently in place for the next 2 – 4 years.
IT Strategy Results
CMC developed an IT Strategy which included critical path initiatives and identified the gaps that existed in the alignment of the business strategy with current IT direction and Information Systems platform. A portfolio of initiatives and sub projects underpinning an Action Plan was also provided.
CMC also recommended the set up a foundation for the IT support vendor (MBAV) and MBA Insurance Services to collaborate on current and future IT and Business System innovation.
It was envisaged that the subsequent implementation of the IT Strategy would provide MBA Insurance Services with the following benefits:
- Alignment of company objectives for ICT and Business Systems with the company’s strategic vision.
- Enabled the identification and prioritisation of Information Systems projects necessary to provide the required support to key business areas.
- Provided an impact assessment capability for new projects in terms of already identified projects in the SISP portfolio.
- Ensured that investment is strategic and high return.
- Enabled better resource planning; particularly in the areas of Information Systems support and project requirements.
- Reduced operational costs through improved business intelligence and decision-making capability.
- Standardised business processes where possible.
- Improved productivity through better information accuracy and access.
- Improved workforce planning and management.
The IT Strategy was well received by the business and the MBA Insurance Services went on to implement the recommendations using internal project resources.