Workarena is an innovative and competitive provider of commercial furniture in Australia. They also offer related services including CAD drawing, product specification, delivery, installation, reconfiguration, relocation, asset management and project management.
Workarena was looking to implement a new fully integrated ERP to support ongoing growth, reduce manual processes and improve efficiencies across all areas of the business. A key requirement was the integration to Salesforce CRM which was well embedded in the business.
Key objectives for the new system included:
- A fully integrated ERP system that provides one source of truth and one set of master data for the business.
- Automation of more processes to enable greater efficiencies within the business, thereby supporting planned growth without needing to add more staff.
- Simplified work processes thereby reducing manual work effort and time taken to complete tasks.
- Improved management of the back end supply chain management.
- Improved information flow and better access to accurate data and financial reporting.
- Efficiency with consolidated shipments.
- Streamlined processes using workflow and alerts.
- Ability to rationalise portfolio of products.
CMC was engaged to conduct an independent ERP Evaluation Process to determine the best ERP solution to meet the needs of the business for the next 5 – 10 years.
CMC conducted workshops with the Business Process Owners to define Workarena’s business and technical requirements using CMC Business Scenario Methodology. This also included a “Day in the Life Of” Business Scenario was also developed to guide the Vendor Presentations. Functional areas included Finance, Operations and Supply Chain, Production Scheduling, Fabrication and Assembly and Project Management.
CMC then project managed the RFP process, the Vendor Presentations and provided technical advice to support the due diligence and decision making process. A Vendor Selection Report was prepared for the Executive to consider their options.