Guzman y Gomez (GYG) is one of Australia’s fastest growing, innovative, and successful Quick Service Restaurant groups.
The organisation is committed to providing an outstanding and environmentally friendly customer experience and reinventing fast food through using the freshest and highest quality ingredients, accurate kitchen production and service efficiencies.
The existing Point of Sale (POS) and Kitchen Management System (KMS) system was struggling to keep up with business growth. GYG were also looking at international expansion. They required a POS and KMS that was capable and flexible to support the organisation moving forward.
GYG were also keen to form a collaborative relationship with a POS Vendor who had similar cultural values. This included the ability and capacity to work responsively and to provide innovative and flexible technology support GYG’s highly dynamic and fast-growing environment.
POS Evaluation Results
CMC was engaged to conduct an independent and auditable POS and KMS Evaluation. Thereby determining the POS Vendor and Solution that would effectively meet the needs of the business moving forward.
CMC’s structured Evaluation included a Pre-Qualification Assessment of 70+ Vendors globally. A shortlist of 12 Vendors proceeded to the Request for Proposal stage and then 4 Vendors proceeded to the final Presentation Stage.
GYG’s Evaluation Team decided on their preferred POS and KMS Vendor and Solution following a rigorous Vendor Validation and Due Diligence Phase. The successful POS and KMS Vendor then proceeded to Pilot and Lab Testing.
The new POS is expected to provide the GYG with the following benefits:
- Improved flexibility with, and management of menu complexities including more efficient order capture.
- Intelligent Kitchen Management allowing integration with 3rd party aggregators and delivery partners.
- Improved order accuracy and preparation efficiencies in the restaurants.
- Effective Management Portals that will enable GYG to effectively amend workflows and business rules for the Kitchen Management Routings (ticket printing), Store Back Office, POS, Menus, Loyalty and Gift Cards.
- Open access to development tools and ease of integration with GYG’s APIs.