John Holland had been awarded the contract to take over the operations and maintenance of the NSW Country Regional Network (CRN) on behalf of Country Rail Infrastructure Authority (CRIA). John Holland had finished implementing Maximo Enterprise Asset Management Solution for CRN and was now experiencing significant growth in the Transport Services and Energy & Resources business sectors.
John Holland required a solution to support the Enterprise Asset Management requirements across the existing asset intensive industries and regional plant depots.
The multi-stream business transformation EAM program was designed to standardise asset management practices, manage and control asset utilisation, ensuring availability and safety compliance as well as improved processes and asset performance reporting across John Holland’s asset intensive businesses and enable consolidation of asset maintenance operations.
John Holland engaged CMC to provide a range of consulting services including ERP and Business Systems Strategy, Project Management, Business Process Consulting, Data Conversion, Testing and Change Management to support the design and implementation of the EAM program across the organisation.
CMC established multiple stakeholder engagement structures and forums to facilitate the implementation of group wide processes and technology. The Enterprise Asse Management program also delivered standardised project implementation methodology, data conversion tools, training and education programs, change management processes and documentation of operational processes related to plant management through a Common Operating Model (COM) for asset management.
The Common Operating Model (COM) enabled:
- Implementation of corporate standards for the management of plant assets and inventory across John Holland.
- Scalable, configurable platform for future operational and maintenance opportunities in Transport Services and Energy & Resources.
- Reusable configuration that can be applied with minimal change across multiple businesses.
- Standardised data migration processes and scripts to speed up data conversion and loading.
- Lower overall implementation costs and ongoing support costs.
- Standardised training and documentation to enable portability of skills across businesses.
- Standardised definitions, standards and processes for managing and maintaining plant assets.
- Standardised financial, safety and environmental risk management processes for plant assets.
The project was successfully project managed through the Design, Build and Implementation Phases.