GHS Solutions (GHS) provides engineering, equipment hire and scaffolding solutions across regional Western Australia. Established in 1990, the business is located across two sites in Geraldton, WA.
The organisation has grown substantially, diversifying its service offering. Acquisitions and organic growth have transformed GHS into a fully integrated, multidisciplinary service provider to the oil & gas, mining and construction sectors in regional Western Australia. GHS prides itself on having a team of professionals that deliver high quality outcomes, safely, on time and on budget.
The company recognised the need to have a fully integrated ERP system across the business. The new solution needed to be replicable to other branches as well as the ability to diversify to handle other similar style businesses. The requirement had arisen from a need to better manage and control the currently manual business processes, improve financial reporting and provide the business with the foundation it required to continue to expand over the coming years.
Objectives for the new system included:
- Streamlined operational effectiveness through improved, standardised and “best practice” business processes.
- Provide the management team with visibility of timely, financial information necessary to ensure that the business is operating on an efficient and profitable basis.
- Establish stable platform capable of accommodating sustained and long term future growth.
- Improved workflow, reporting, business intelligence and automation across all areas of the business.
- Improvements in CRM including Job Estimation and Quotations and Orders.
- Automated Invoicing, Procurement and Inventory management.
- Mobile Timesheet Management that feeds into Job Costing and Payroll.
- Implementation of Contract Management.
CMC’s Evaluation and Selection Methodology was used to manage the project. Activities and deliverables included:
- Documenting an end to end view of requirements through to the preparation of Business Scenarios.
- Preparation of a Request for Proposal (RFP) document to assist in determining the preferred Vendors.
- Independent advice at the Vendor demonstrations (Business, Technical and Support Components).
- Detailed Due Diligence process on the preferred Vendor including Reference Site Visits, Vendor Capability and Licensing Discussion etc.
- Support for Commercial and Legal Negotiations.
- Preparation of the Vendor Selection Report.
A preferred Vendor and Solution was selected and GHS proceeded to implementation. CMC provides ongoing project management and strategic advice and guidance on an as required basis.