Cantarella Bros is part of the Cantarella Group of Companies that manufactures Vittoria coffee and imports European fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) such as cheeses, beverages and delicatessen products.
Cantarella has been in operation for over 60 years and were looking to optimise their business environment and improve operational efficiencies in a number of areas including the:
- Warehouse Processes
- Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Network and Infrastructure
- Mobile Sales
Cantarella are using an ERP system that was implemented approximately 25 years ago which has been extensively modified to cater for the organisation’s specific business requirements including Promotions Tracking, Service and Repairs and Interfaces to Demand Planning and Advanced Warehouse Management.
CMC was engaged to conduct a Strategic Review and assisted Cantarella in a number of areas including:
- Preparation of a Project Charter for the Evaluation and Selection of a replacement ERP Business System
- Network and Infrastructure Review
- Coaching and Mentoring of IT Staff
- Warehouse Management Review
CMC specialists in each functional area prepared position papers and these were presented to the client to determine the way forward.