Guzman y Gomez (GYG) is one of Australia’s fastest growing,innovative and successful Quick Service Restaurant groups. The organisation is committed to providing a flexible and functionally capable set of applications for managing and training staff as well as providing superior HR support.
The existing HRIS, Learning Management and Payroll systems were no longer able to meet current and emerging business requirements and growth.
GYG recognised the need to evaluate and implement an integrated and scalable solution that would meet the majority of GYG’s operational requirements now and in the future for Hola Central, Corporate Restaurants and Franchisee Restaurants.
Solution Evaluation Results
CMC was engaged to conduct an independent and auditable HRIS, LMS and Payroll Evaluation to determine the best Vendors and Solutions to meet the needs of the business for future.
CMC conducted workshops with the Business Process Owners to define GYG’s business and technical requirements using CMC’s Business Scenario Methodology. This also included “Day in the Life Of” Business Scenarios to guide the Vendor Presentations.
CMC then project managed the RFP process, the Vendor Presentations and provided technical advice to support the due diligence and decision-making process.
Anticipated benefits of the new solution included:
- Capability for GYG to scale seamlessly and accommodate projected restaurant and staff growth levels.
- The ability to offer franchisees business systems that are best of breed, effective and a value add to GYG’s franchisee relationship offer.
- Ensuring that GYG retains its unique corporate culture through quality systems in the HRIS domain.
- Being an employer of choice through great staff interaction with GYG systems supporting job satisfaction rankings.
- Single source of truth and one set of master data.
- Streamlined processes and a seamless people experience providing managers with the information and key people metrics they need in a timely fashion for decision making.
- Reduction in administration and manual workarounds.
- People related goals including improvements in:
- Staff engagement, development and retention.
- Training and licence compliance.
- Simpler induction and onboarding.
- Flexibility of working conditions for staff.
A Vendor Selection Report and High-Level Business Case was prepared for the Board and GYG proceeded to implement their preferred solution.