Paperless WMS was developed over 3 decades in collaboration with their customers. Feature rich and highly configurable, most implementations are achieved with out-of-the-box functionality delivering proven solutions to complex warehousing needs.
Paperless Warehousing was a family business which had experienced a number of key staff departures which was adversely impacting the capability to provide essential support services to their existing and new clients.
Project Management Results
CMC was engaged to conduct an independent WMS and Technology Situation Analysis to investigate:
- How best to secure existing and new client implementations and support requirements.
- The most effective approach to retain existing customers and guard revenue streams.
- Asset protection – securing the Paperless Warehousing IP assets.
- Retention of existing staff and onboarding replacement resources.
- “Inflight” Development – financial models, schedules, and impacts.
- Sales Pipeline Status – opportunities.
- Putting an improved structure in place with the IT and support teams.
- Understand international customer impacts and/or commitments.
A “Go Forward” Strategy and Approach was prepared for the Board. This included viable options for the business including a Financial View.
CMC was then asked to Project Manage several workstreams, including:
- Finding a support partner to bolster remaining staff.
- Stabilising and resourcing critical client implementation projects.
- Rebuilding the technical and operational teams to surpass previous capability.
- Establishing a comprehensive support service for 24×7 customer operations.
- Liaising with potential acquisition organisations including managing the data room.
- Negotiating with existing shareholders to sell the business as a going concern
The business was then sold to a new buyer and has continued to thrive.