Bisalloy Steel did not have an IT Strategy in place and was relying on several legacy systems in its steel processing plant at Unanderra, NSW.
Bisalloy recognised the need to enhance the IT & ERP capabilities of their systems to support profit and growth targets. This would also protect the long-term sustainability of the company moving forward.
Bisalloy required the assistance of an independent IT consulting organisation to assist them with an IT Strategy to support the business for the next 2 – 4 years.
IT Strategy Results
CMC was engaged to develop an IT Strategy for Bisalloy. The result was an IT Strategic Report that included:
- A review of current business systems and associated IT operations to determine the effectiveness of the processes, communications, and resources in place.
- A review of the overall capability of the IT management and support team to deliver the outcomes for the company against the overall business strategy.
- Identification and prioritisation of IT and Business Systems Workstreams necessary to support the future systems landscape, including project scale, priority, and timing.
- An IT Strategy Roadmap including a Portfolio of Initiatives and an Action Plan including “Quick Wins” as well as longer term activities.
- An overall systems plan focused on re-use and extension of the existing SAP B1 environment to incorporate manufacturing capability.
CMC was then asked to project manage the SAP B1/HANA upgrade and Beas Manufacturing implementation. This included reducing reliance on the AS/400 integration and instead using SAP B1. The company went live on the SAP B1 solution and have continued to enhance the system as per BAU requirements.
CMC continues to provide Strategic CIO Advisory and consulting services and consulting services.