CIMIC Group, previously known as Leighton Holdings is one of the world’s leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner. CIMIC provides construction, mining, engineering, concessions, and operation and maintenance services to the infrastructure, resources and property markets.
CIMIC required the support of a qualified Commercial and Finance consultant to provide advice to Group ICT regarding the sale of Leighton Holdings Limited’s subsidiaries providing ICT services (value in excess of $800m) and program support to strategic execution based upon centralisation, standardisation and outsourcing of IT infrastructure, networks, end user computing and common applications.
CMC’s consultants provided professional advice on contracting, strategy, harmonisation of multiple cross business and border ICT service agreements, establishment of master service level agreements, implementation of general ledger cost centre framework to provide for centralising IT&C group spend, financial modelling and business case development.
Also providing support to the Group CIO for strategy, commercial and financial matters, responsibilities included:
- Leading and managing the finance teams for Group ICT and Nexus Point Solutions with sign-off on financial accounts.
- Internal and external audits.
- Quarterly group reporting.
- Budgeting and working closely with the OpCo CIO’s, ICT and finance teams.
- Management of the CIO Governing Council.
- Vendor and contract management.
- Project benefit tracking and being the connection between commercial, legal and accounting stakeholder requirements.