Plastral is a leading plastic supplier in Australasia. Founded in 1946, Plastral is privately owned and operated, celebrating 75 years of loyal commitment to customers, manufacturers, and industries in the region.
Plastral has five main divisions including a sheet division which includes architectural products, engineering plastics and noise barriers, specialty polymers, specialty chemicals, plastic welding equipment and bio plastics. They have over 3,000 product lines with offices in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, and Auckland.
Plastral had reviewed their Business Systems Strategy and direction and decided they wanted to upgrade to a new fully integrated ERP to better manage and control the current business processes, drive efficiencies, and provide the business with the foundation it requires to continue to expand over the coming years.
Anticipated benefits of the new system included:
- Improved flexibility and capability to support financial and project reporting.
- Providing the management team with visibility of timely, financial information and KPIs necessary to ensure that the business is operating on an efficient and profitable basis.
- Improved workflow, reporting, business intelligence and automation across all areas of the business.
- Improved efficiencies across operations including:
- Sales Management and Pipeline Reporting
- Warehouse Operations
- Shipment Management and Landed Costing
- Task Workflow including Actions, Approvals, etc
- Data Integration to Key Applications and Key Partners
- Financial and Management Reporting, including Comparative and KPI Reporting
- Demand Planning and Inventory Requirements Management
ERP & WMS Evaluation – Plastral Results
CMC facilitated an independent and auditable ERP & WMS Evaluation Process to determine the best ERP & WMS Vendor and Solution to meet Plastral‘s requirements moving forward.
CMC conducted workshops with the Business Process Owners to define Plastral’s business and technical requirements using CMC Business Scenario Methodology. This also included a “Day in the Life Of” Business Scenario was also developed to guide the Vendor Presentations.
CMC then project managed the RFP process, the Vendor Presentations and provided technical advice to support the due diligence and decision-making process.
A Vendor Selection Report was prepared for the Executive Team and Plastral proceeded with the implementation of their preferred solution.