Stoddart are one of Australia’s leading stainless steel and metal products manufacturers and distributors. They represent many of Australia’s most recognisable and reliable brands for the Food Service, Architecture and Building industries. Product segments include food service equipment, kitchen and architectural metalwork contracting, plumbing fixtures, outdoor infrastructure, street furniture and contract metal fabrication.
Stoddart was looking to implement a new fully integrated ERP and HCM to support future growth and innovation, reduce manual processes and improve efficiencies across all areas of the business.
CMC was engaged to conduct an independent and auditable ERP and HCM Evaluation Process to determine the best ERP and HCM Solutions to meet the needs of the business for the next 5 – 10 years.
Key objectives for the new system included:
- Increased efficiency, productivity, and improved processes.
- Better access to accurate and timely information, financial transparency, and reliable reporting across the organisation.
- A robust and flexible solution that supports strategic and executive decision making.
- Reduced reliance on spreadsheets and labour-intensive report preparation.
- Streamlining current manual and paper-based processes.
- Reduced data entry, double handling, and duplication of effort.
- Improved workflow and reporting for the business.
- Ease of use and flexibility for supporting dashboards and KPIs.
- Minimised reliance on MS Excel spreadsheets and other offline tools.
- Reduced labour and improved functionality / flexibility for scheduling (currently 5 staff).
- Freeing up IT resources that are currently supporting M1 so that they are available to support other business initiatives.
ERP & HCM Evaluation Results
CMC facilitated an independent and auditable ERP and HCM Evaluation that provided Stoddart with clear decision points throughout the process.
CMC conducted workshops with the Business Process Owners to define Stoddart’s business and technical requirements using CMC Business Scenario Methodology. This also included a “Day in the Life Of” Business Scenario was also developed to guide the Vendor Presentations.
Functional areas included Finance, Operations and Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Project Implementation, Production Scheduling, Fabrication and Assembly and Pricing and Rebates.
CMC then project managed the RFP process, the Vendor Presentations and provided technical advice to support the due diligence and decision-making process.
A Vendor Selection Report was prepared for the Executive Team. Due to Covid related economic circumstances, the project was put on hold whilst the organisation focused on completing the implementation of Salesforce CRM.