Stylecraft Australia provides high quality commercial, hospitality and residential furniture to the architectural and design community. Stylecraft’s extensive product range covers basic utilitarian items through to innovative high-end design. They source new products from international and domestic designers at the forefront of responsible developments in interior and furniture design.
Stylecraft had resolved to replace the existing core business systems (MYOB Premier together with a customised Lotus Notes database) to provide a more efficient and flexible solution to support its business processes.
The intention was to find an off the shelf solution for approximately 25 users that would allow the business to continue with a streamlined IT function requiring no dedicated internal resources to manage the solution. Stylecraft’s management team also needed a solution that was robust and stable and would provide timely and accurate financial information to ensure that the business was operating on a profitable basis.
A new system would enable them to streamline operational effectiveness by minimising re-entry of data and reliance on spread sheets and through better business processes create a reliable and usable business information store on which to make informed business decisions.
CMC were engaged to conduct a structured Evaluation and Selection Process. CMC’s methodology and templates were used to:
- Define the business requirements and processes for all departments.
- Establish the project standards, including an appropriate repository for the storage of all project documentation. These standards are defined in the Project Management Handbook.
- Define the data cleaning and conversion work that was required.
- Establish and deliver effective training plans for affected staff.
- Setup and work with the Change Management and Training Team to prepare the organisation for the challenges of the deployment process and training of the user base.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV was selected as the preferred solution by the client and was implemented successfully.