Sapphire Group are a leading manufacturer of high quality fragrance products including scented candles, diffusers and body products. Established in 2006, Sapphire Group has experienced high growth since its’ inception. The company distributes its products to major and independent retailers and also has retail operations including online internet shopping and pop up stores.
Sapphire’s financial, supply chain and manufacturing processes were being managed largely by an interim legacy system, spreadsheets and manual effort.
The business was looking to implement a fully integrated ERP Business System to support ongoing growth and to reduce manual processes and improve efficiencies in the areas of manufacturing, stock control and traceability. Expectations for the new system included:
- Greater control and management of manufacturing processes.
- Automation to improve stock inventory, traceability and batch control.
- Greater efficiencies in supply chain / warehouse management.
- Streamlined operational effectiveness through improved, standardised and streamlined business processes.
- Better visibility of timely, financial information necessary to ensure that the business is operating on an efficient and profitable basis.
- A stable platform capable of accommodating sustained and long term future growth.
CMC was engaged to conduct an independent Evaluation and Selection Process to determine which ERP solution would best support the business moving forward. Sapphire wanted to partner with a Vendor who had a deep knowledge of process manufacturing, a strong cultural fit and a willingness to offer ongoing post-implementation support.
A Vendor Pre-Qualification process was facilitated to assist in short listing suitable Vendors and solutions. CMC then worked with the business to document Sapphire’s Key Business Scenarios.
CMC then project managed an RFP process, managed the Vendor presentation, Due Diligence and provided technical advice to support the decision making process.
A Vendor Selection Report was prepared for the Board and Sapphire selected SAP B1 from MicroChannel.
CMC was then invited to provide a client sided Project Manager for the Design and Implementation Phases. The ERP solution went live on the required date and minimal issues were encountered. A second phase will be undertaken to extend the solution footprint and additional functionality will be enabled.
CMC also provided assistance with the new Warehouse Layout and Design.