Sandvik Fire Suppression Systems (Sandvik FSS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sandvik Mining and Construction Australia.
The organisation assembles proprietary pre-engineered equipment and distributes to regional branches within Australia where the product is either sold as parts or fitted to customers’ equipment by field service technicians who also perform as required service work. They also export to distributors overseas.
The organisation had aggressive growth targets and the current ERP system was not supporting the requirements of the business. Sandvik FSS was looking to replace the existing system. General requirements included Administration, HR, Finance and in-house operations encompassing Purchasing, Inventory Management, Warehousing, Assembly, Sales and Field Service.
CMC was engaged to conduct a lean Evaluation and Selection Process. CMC’s standard methodology and templates were used to facilitate the evaluation and enable a quick decision.
The goals of the project were to:
- Identify and select the most qualified Vendor capable of providing Sandvik FSS with the best solution and highest degree of support, in the most cost effective and administratively efficient manner possible.
- Select a stable, profitable, organised, efficient, low-cost and forward thinking organisation interested in developing a long-term relationship with Sandvik FSS. Emphasis was on cost-saving process improvement recommendations.
- Ensure there were deployment and future support capabilities in Adelaide.
- Award the business to a Vendor whose capabilities and experience can support Sandvik FSS’s current project demands and grow with it as its business needs evolve.
- Assess hosting options provided by the vendors to enable Sandvik to deploy the chosen solution on a fully managed platform.
- Tectura with the Microsoft Dynamics NAV ELC solution was selected as the preferred vendor and the client is now proceeding with the implementation.
CMC continues to provide advice and guidance on an as required basis.