Established in 2001, Platinum Cables supplies standard and specialised copper and fibre optic cables to specific target industries. The organisation prides itself on providing the highest levels of customer service and a quality customer experience.
Platinum Cables was looking to implement a new fully integrated ERP to support ongoing growth, reduce manual processes and improve efficiencies across all areas of the business.
CMC was engaged to conduct an independent ERP Evaluation Process to determine the best ERP solution to meet the needs of the business for the next 5 – 10 years.
Key objectives for the new system included:
- Fully integrated ERP and WMS solution with one set of Master Data.
- Improved business rules and automated workflow processes.
- Improved business and financial reports and accuracy.
- Simplified work processes thereby reducing manual work effort and time taken to complete tasks.
- Reduction in workload and human errors associated with manual data re-entry.
- Streamline and reduce the reliance on MS Excel in the business.
- Improved information flow and full traceability of PO’s and shipments.
- Greater visibility of Quote Management.
- Improved Inventory Accuracy and Control.
- Streamlined warehouse management processes.
CMC facilitated an independent and auditable ERP Evaluation that provided Platinum Cables with clear decision points throughout the process. CMC conducted workshops with the Business Process Owners to define Platinum’s business and technical requirements using CMC Business Scenario Methodology. This also included a “Day in the Life Of” Business Scenario was also developed to guide the Vendor Presentations.
Functional areas included Finance, Operations and Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Project Implementation, Sales and Marketing, Business Intelligence and Timesheets and Payroll Integration.
CMC then project managed the RFP process, the Vendor Presentations and provided technical advice to support the due diligence and decision making process. A Vendor Selection Report was prepared for the Executive Team and the preferred Vendor proceeded to the Design Stage.
CMC continues to provide CIO Services and mentoring on an as required basis.