Plastral is a privately owned Australian company that imports, stocks and distributes a wide range of specialty chemicals, plastic sheet products, specialty polymers, biodegradable polymers, and plastic welding equipment. The company employs about 70 people and operates throughout Australasia from 4 offices in Australia and 1 office in New Zealand. These offices enable the company to provide nationwide service in both countries.
Plastral were looking to replace their existing ERP Software with a new solution across the organisation. They were keen to identify and select the most qualified Vendor capable of providing them with the best solution and highest degree of support, in the most cost effective and administratively efficient manner possible.
CMC was engaged to assist in a mentoring capacity to provide independent ERP Software Evaluation, Business Systems Strategy, Project Management Support, and Technical Advice in the following critical areas:
- Project Scoping and Planning.
- Project Governance and Quality Assurance of Plastral’s selection approach and input of CMC’s structured methodology elements for the ERP Software Evaluation.
- Preparation of the RFP, Business Scenarios and Matrix of Functional Requirements.
- Development of the Ranking and Scoring Matrix (Measurable Decision Model).
- Attendance at the Vendor Demonstrations as an Independent Advisor for the Business, Technical and Support Components.
- Infrastructure and Network Planning.
The evaluation was completed successfully and the preferred ERP Vendor proceeded to implementation.