Decon is a group of leading edge companies providing specialised electrical and communication services to modern high tech industries. The organisation also has a significant labour force / sub-contractor base who are focused on the delivery of telco infrastructure / construction services (E.g. building and installing networks).
The business was looking to implement a new fully integrated ERP Business System to better support increased growth, reduce manual processes and improve workflow and efficiencies in the areas of financial and management reporting, cost estimating, manufacturing, engineering, quality, project management and installation, performance management and customer service.
CMC was engaged to conduct an independent Evaluation and Selection Process to determine which ERP solution would best support the business moving forward. A Vendor Pre-Qualification process was facilitated to assist in short listing suitable Vendors and solutions. CMC then worked with the business to document Decon’s Key Business Scenarios.
CMC project managed an RFP process, Vendor Presentations, Due Diligence and provided technical advice to support the decision making process. A Vendor Selection Report was prepared for the Executive and Decon proceeded to implementation with the preferred Vendor.
The objectives for the new system included:
- Improved functional support within an integrated system to provide a foundation for the continued growth of the business.
- Improved job tracking and accountability for major projects.
- Streamlined operational effectiveness through improved workflow processes and sharing of information across the business with reduced manual data entry and duplication of tasks.
- Improved project management and visibility of status.
- Improved resource allocation, management and reporting of labour, equipment and materials efficiencies.
- The ability to ensure high quality, consistency and repeatability of jobs where possible.
- Improved support for managing teams working in the field and at satellite sites.
- Improved and automated procurement and inventory control.