Cenversa is a specialist group of companies supplying quality brands to the pet and vet market in Australia. Established in 1960 as a family-owned veterinary wholesaling business, Cenversa is today an unlisted public company with more than 280 shareholders Australia wide. The group employs over 160 people across the country and is proudly Australian owned and managed.
The Cenversa group consists of eight different companies that operate from distribution facilities and customer support centres across Australia with main service centres located in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Launceston. Key brands include Cenvet, Central Pet, Veterinary Companies of Australia (CVA), Obay and Cenquip.
The business was looking to replace their current distribution and warehouse management system (Berger) with a fully integrated ERP / WMS System to support ongoing growth, reduce manual processes and duplication of data entry and improve efficiencies in the areas of inventory, stock control, traceability and “real time” reporting etc.
CMC was engaged to conduct the ERP / WMS Evaluation and Selection Process to determine which solution would best support the business moving forward. A Vendor Pre-Qualification process was facilitated to assist in short listing suitable Vendors and solutions. CMC then worked with the business to document Cenversa’s Key Business Scenarios.
CMC then project managed the RFP process, Vendor Presentations and Due Diligence and provided technical advice to support the decision making process. A Vendor Selection Report was prepared for the Executive and Cenversa proceeded to Due Diligence with the conditional preferred Vendor.
The objectives for the new system will cover most areas of the business including:
- An improved business technology platform that will support the business for the next 10 – 15 years.
- Greater control, flexibility and capability to enable the business to expand into new markets (products and services)
- Streamlined operational effectiveness through improved business processes and sharing of information.
- Greater transparency, accuracy and timeliness of “real time” reporting, financial information and KPIs necessary to ensure that the business is operating on an efficient and profitable basis.
- Reduced manual data entry and duplication of tasks.
- Improved workflow, reporting, business intelligence and automation across all areas of the business.
- Improved and automated stock ordering and inventory control.