Tyremax is an independent, privately owned and operated tyre wholesaler. Established in 2001 Tyremax has grown its distribution network Australia wide and expanded the range of brands and tyres to cover commercial, agricultural, motorcycles and passenger vehicles. The company distributes its products to major and independent retailers.
The business wanted to assess various ERP solutions in the market to support ongoing growth, better manage and control the current business processes, drive efficiencies and provide the business with the foundation it requires to continue to expand over the coming years.
The major current system supporting the business was experiencing performance challenges, had been heavily customised and was being supplemented by off system tools like MS Excel.
Key objectives for the new system included:
- An ERP that will incorporate improved functional support within an integrated system to provide a foundation for the continued growth of the business.
- Streamlined operational effectiveness through improved business processes.
- Providing the management team with visibility of timely, financial information and KPIs necessary to ensure that the business is operating on an efficient and profitable basis.
- Establishing a stable platform capable of accommodating sustained and long term future growth.
- Improved workflow, reporting, business intelligence and automation across all areas of the business.
- Improved and automated demand forecasting, stock ordering and inventory control.
- Greater efficiencies across the supply chain including, warehouse management, dispatch and delivery, freight and logistics, shipping, transport and fleet management.
CMC was engaged to provide independent advice and guidance to help Tyremax assess and evaluate a new integrated ERP solution for their business. Areas for consideration included Financials, Advanced Warehouse Management, Inventory Management, Strategic Procurement, Demand Forecasting, Sales Reporting, Business Intelligence, CRM, eCommerce, Web Portal and Mobile Apps.
A Vendor Pre-Qualification process including the incumbent vendor was facilitated to assist in short listing suitable Vendors and solutions. CMC then worked with the business to document Tyremax’s Key Business Scenarios.
CMC project managed the RFP process, managed the Vendor presentation, Due Diligence and provided technical advice to support the decision making process.
A Vendor Selection Report was prepared for the Board and Tyremax shortlisted two possible solutions – Epicor and SAP B1 from MicroChannel Services. The business decided to work with their incumbent vendor to extend the life of their system.
CMC has also provided assistance with Inventory Analytics and Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP).