Dairy Farmers (Australian Consolidated Foods) are a national manufacturer and distributor of milk, dairy products and fruit juices. IBM GSA were providing IT consulting services to Dairy Farmers and asked CMC to provide a Project Manager for the group of projects required to achieve the requisite outcomes.
NSW and Queensland were facing deregulation of the milk industry. Dairy Farmers required a substantial number of system and infrastructure changes to support this government directive. Milk Vendors, who were converting to becoming Franchise Owners needed a PC based Order Management and Sales Analysis application in order to integrate with the Distribution Centres. The Distribution Centres themselves needed new systems to enable effective management of the order fulfilment workflow.
The most critical requirement of the project was to provide a centralised weekly billing function to the Supermarket groups and for this to be implemented and tested prior to the deregulation dates
CMC managed a number of projects in the program over a two (2) year time span.
- Applications at all Distribution Centres around Australia were replaced and integrated to the legacy head office systems.
- A Training team was formed and training and support materials were produced. Training was delivered to all Franchise Owners and Distribution Centre personnel throughout NSW and QLD.
- A Testing team was created to quality assure the Franchise Owner system. CMC’s Testing Methodology and Mercury Interactive automated testing tools were utilised.
- A business partner was engaged to develop the Franchise Owner system; the majority of Franchise Owners in NSW and Queensland adopted and implemented the new package.
- Central billing and remote order entry from the Franchise Owners systems was implemented before the required deregulation dates.