AISNSW had recently completed an IT Support Strategy project. One of the key recommendations was that the organisation would benefit by outsourcing non value adding IT activities.
AISNSW were looking to identify a suitable vendor to outsource the hosting of the organisation’s Infrastructure and operating systems. This would achieve the following outcomes / benefits:
- Remove non-core activity from internal IT staff workload.
- Reduce risk and impact of failure due to hosting centre capability and redundancy.
- Release office space currently used to house the equipment.
- Reduce current IT Opex costs by consolidating spend with fewer vendors.
- Provides a foundation for full DR capability.
A Vendor Evaluation and Selection process was conducted involving an RFP and solution demonstrations. Business scenarios were developed across the primary functional areas of the business.
A preferred solution was identified and the solution was successfully implemented.