Retailers are being confronted by a downturn in consumer spending, ever-tighter margins and increasing competition from both in store and online vendors. With consumers wanting to be able to browse, buy or return items anywhere, the challenge for retailers is to turn their omni-channel strategies into true cross channel execution to ensure a consistent customer experience.
CMC works with our retail clients to review their processes and develop innovative strategies that bring together enterprise management, business support, merchandising, supply chain planning and supply chain execution.
A perfect storm of factors such as changes in consumer behaviour, the emergence of large and powerful rivals, excess retail and selling space capacity, consolidated and strong suppliers and complex sourcing are shaping a new competitive landscape in retailing. In such an environment, senior manager and executives are facing a number of key questions:
- How do we ensure the seamless experience across channels and formats that consumers are now demanding?
- How do we determine the right portfolio of products, services, formats and locations for future growth?
- How do we adjust to serve consumers’ rapidly changing tastes and adapt to shortening product life cycles?
- How do we address commodity-cost pressures and risks?
- How do we become the destination for heavy spenders in our category?
- How do we use transactional point-of-sale and loyalty card data to better understand consumers and better serve them?
- What strategies can we use to achieve growth in both developing and developed markets?
From customers and competitors to strategies and operations, CMC’s consultants help our clients to address key levers of performance improvement. In each of these areas, our practice strongly emphasises hands-on implementation and change management activities. Our focus on delivering lasting competitive advantage has helped our clients succeed in an increasingly challenging marketplace.